This consultation seeks views on proposals for reform to the Adults with Incapacity (Scotland) Act 2000 (AWI).
The Scottish Government in particular are looking for views around:
- Graded Guardianships
- Change of forum for Adults with Incapacity (AWI) cases
- Creation of supported decision maker role and a supported decision making scheme
- Clarification of use of powers of attorney in deprivation of liberty cases
- Creation of short term ‘placement order’
- Clarification of the interaction between aspects of the AWI legislation and Adult Support and Protection legislation.