This consultation seeks views on proposals for the reform to the disclosure regime in Scotland. It asks what changes are required to make disclosure of criminal convictions fit for the 21st century, and has some significant implications for human rights, particularly children’s rights.
The proposals relate to the following:
- Disclosure Scotland products
- Application for the removal of conviction information
- The length of time spent convictions will be disclosed
- Barring and listing functions
- Fee structure
- The duration of PVG scheme membership
- Mandatory nature of the PVG Scheme
- The disclosure of convictions of under 18s
You can read the full consultation here.