End Scotland’s contribution to climate change in a generation
Stop Climate Chaos Scotland is calling on MSPs to make the new Climate Change Bill much stronger and more ambitious.
They are asking MSPs to support the following in the Bill:
- Stronger targets that will deliver Scotland’s fair share of the Paris Agreement
- Measures to ensure that future finance budgets are consistent with our climate targets
- New policies to cut emissions from buildings and agriculture as soon as possible within the next 10 years:
- Ensure all homes have at least Energy Performance Certificate rating ‘C’ by 2025, to cut emissions, tackle fuel poverty and create jobs across Scotland.
- Create a Nitrogen Balance Sheet for Scotland with nitrogen reduction targets introduced by 2020 – reducing climate pollution from nitrogen based fertilisers.
Find out more here: http://www.stopclimatechaos.org/
Image credit: Stanley Zimney, Flickr