Incorporating the International Convention on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination
- The International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination– full text
- What is the International Convention on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination?– an explainer from EachOther
- ICERD and its Practices– a 4 minute video by Patrick Thornberry for Oxford Academic, explaining the importance of the Convention
- CERD: What It Does and Why It Matters– Patrick Thornberry explains the work of the Committee for the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination
- Incorporation of International Human Rights Briefing Series: The UN International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination (ICERD)– This briefing by Professor Nicole Busby examines the key provisions of ICERD, and the potential impact of its incorporation into Scots law, November 2021
- The Added Benefit of Incorporating ICERD in Scotland– a briefing by Emma Sullivan, LLM International Human Rights candidate from the University of Edinburgh
- Human Rights & Anti-Discrimination Policy: Using ICERD and an Action Plan to Protect the Rights of Scotland’s Gypsy/Travellers– Emma Sullivan’s second briefing, discussing the benefits of incorporation of ICERD for the Gypsy/Traveller community
- The Rights of Black and Ethnic Minority Children and Young People: Conversations with the National Taskforce 2021– a briefing for Black and Ethnic Minority children and young people about their human rights, from Together (Scotland’s Alliance for Children’s Rights)
- International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination (CERD) summary– a summary of the Equality and Human Rights Commission’s latest work in regards to the Convention
- Human Rights & Racial Discrimination: Incorporating ICERD Alongside Race and Equality Policy to Ensure Equal Rights Enjoyment in Scotland– Emma Sullivan’s Masters dissertation on how ICERD could be incorporated into Scots Law
- ICERD and CERD: A Guide for Civil Society Actors– a guide to the Convention and its UN Committee, from the International Movement Against All Forms of Discrimination and Racism (IMADR)
UN Committee Papers
- United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland: State Report to the Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination– the UK Government’s latest report to the Committee, 2015
- Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination: Concluding observations on the combined twenty first to twenty-third periodic reports of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland– the United Nations Committee’s latest report on the UK, from 2016.
- Submission to the United Nations Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination: Alternative (Scotland) report– CRERs Scotland-specific submission to the UN Committee in 2016
- Race rights in the UK: Submission to the UN Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination– a submission from the Equality and Human Rights Commission to the UN Committee, following up on their 2016 report.
This page is continually updated with new resources.