Incorporating the UN Convention on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination
- The UN Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination– full text
- What is the International Convention on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination?– an explainer from EachOther
- ICERD and its Practices– a 4 minute video by Patrick Thornberry for Oxford Academic, explaining the importance of the Convention
- CERD: What It Does and Why It Matters– Patrick Thornberry explains the work of the Committee for the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination
- The Added Benefit of Incorporating ICERD in Scotland– a briefing by Emma Sullivan, LLM International Human Rights candidate from the University of Edinburgh
- Human Rights & Anti-Discrimination Policy: Using ICERD and an Action Plan to Protect the Rights of Scotland’s Gypsy/Travellers– Emma Sullivan’s second briefing, discussing the benefits of incorporation of ICERD for the Gypsy/Traveller community
- The Rights of Black and Ethnic Minority Children and Young People: Conversations with the National Taskforce 2021– a briefing for Black and Ethnic Minority children and young people about their human rights, from Together (Scotland’s Alliance for Children’s Rights)
- International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination (CERD) summary– a summary of the Equality and Human Rights Commission’s latest work in regards to the Convention
- Human Rights & Racial Discrimination: Incorporating ICERD Alongside Race and Equality Policy to Ensure Equal Rights Enjoyment in Scotland– Emma Sullivan’s Masters dissertation on how ICERD could be incorporated into Scots Law
- ICERD and CERD: A Guide for Civil Society Actors– a guide to the Convention and its UN Committee, from the International Movement Against All Forms of Discrimination and Racism (IMADR)
UN Committee Papers
- United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland: State Report to the Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination– the UK Government’s latest report to the Committee, 2015
- Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination: Concluding observations on the combined twenty first to twenty-third periodic reports of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland– the United Nations Committee’s latest report on the UK, from 2016.
- Submission to the United Nations Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination: Alternative (Scotland) report– CRERs Scotland-specific submission to the UN Committee in 2016
- Race rights in the UK: Submission to the UN Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination– a submission from the Equality and Human Rights Commission to the UN Committee, following up on their 2016 report.
This page is continually updated with new resources.